Ninja says...

Friday, July 30, 2010

Sport, Chickens and Capacity










What a busy week we have had in 2BP. This was the last week for the Henny Penny Chickens in 2R's classroom. We visited the chicks everyday and kept a journal of our observations. We couldn't believe how much the chicks grew in the few short days after they hatched and we are sad to see them leave the school.

Our school sport carnival was held on Wednesday and our three teams had a great day running, jumping and throwing. The weather was sunny most of the day with a little bit of rain.

Today in maths we played with water and rice to measure the capacity of different containers. We discovered that the bucket we used held the most water while the cup held the least amount. We had rice and water everywhere by the end of Maths Groups but we had lots of fun measuring!



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was sad went the chick went . Hannah

Anonymous said...

at sports day I came first. it was very fun. I was gold.TOM

Anonymous said...

On Friday it was the chicks last day. Before the chick went lots of peple were coming to buy them. And when the Henny penny peple came there was only one chick. by Ella

Anonymous said...

the sports carnivl was fun i think every one had a great time.the chinkens are still very smalle but evry day they grow very fast and they are blak and yellow the water was really mesy but we got on with it.

Anonymous said...

I was sad that the chick had to go. Sabrina.

Anonymous said...

I loved filling up the bottles in maths groups. by Sarah

Anonymous said...

capacity was fun and messey we got water all over eachoter.
by Rhys

Anonymous said...

The sports carnaval was graet. I came farst in it. It was sad when the chikens had to leve. I was gitting yast to haveing them arawnd. It was fun megaring wartar.I had so machfun.

Anonymous said...

I like the chickens becose they are cute and flufe and yellwo. And some are groing bigre.

Anonymous said...

I liked the sports charnival it was very,very,very fun the most funist thing was the high Jump and we went to see the chichens at 2r my favrit chick was the yellow chickens and we where lerning about capacity all you have to do is take a plastick cup and fill it in by Gerry.

Anonymous said...

I LIKE THE CHICKENS becose thay wher cute and flafy and some are growing fethix .

Anonymous said...

I think the sport carnival was good.

Anonymous said...

I love the CHickens because they a cute because They a yellow.

Anonymous said...

The chickens were great dont you think?

Anonymous said...

I loved the chickens thay war so soft.