Ninja says...

Friday, October 30, 2009

Bread and Butter












This week in 2BP we talked about the food that would have been eaten in the "olden days". We looked at the daily menu of a child in the 1900's and compared the food with what we eat today. We all decided that we much rather eat the food we have today! As part of our learning on food from the past we baked bread and made butter in our classroom. It was fantastic to come into our classroom and smell fresh baked bread and it tasted really good. We topped the bread with the butter we made using fresh cream and a marble mixed in a container by shaking and golden syrup.

The mystery item from last week was a button hook used on a ladies shoe. In the past shoes had a lot of tiny buttons on them which were too small for fingers to do up and undo. This weeks mystery item is from the farm and was used on an animal. Good luck with you answers - don't forget to post your comment.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi 2bp. I think its a sisour.

Connor's blog folio said...

You're lucky to have made bread in your classroom. Sounds yummy. Did you have fun?

Imogen's Blog said...

Hello Mrs B and Mrs P,
I KNOW the mistery item is a thing to sheer sheep.
From Imogen.

Jordan's Blog said...

I think it is for shearing sheep and oliver brang it in.



from jordan.

Anonymous said...

I think it is to shear sheep.

Anonymous said...

The misterry itom is a shear.
oliver

Bianca said...

I know what it is it is a sheep shear. Bianca

Anonymous said...

I think the mystery thing is a sheep shear

Katie's Blog said...

I think the item was used to shear sheep.




Katie in 2BP

Anonymous said...

Hey 2bp,
today I am commenting on our blog
for the myystery item used for sheering sheep.



Tabitha

Olivia's Blog said...

I think the item was to shear sheep.

Anonymous said...

I think the mystery item is a thing that was used for picking up pastrey.

Anonymous said...

Dear 2BP,
I thing the mystery item for this week is how in the olden days they sheared the sheeps.
Ailish*

Marcus' Blog said...

Dear 2BP
I think the mystery item for this
week is how in the olden days they
shearing the sheep.

Anonymous said...

I think the Mystery Item is what people in the olden days used for sheering sheep


Caitlin*

Bertie's Blogfolio said...

I would prefer the food we eat today rather than the olden days food too.

Marcus' Blog said...

Dear Mrs B and Mrs P,

I really enjoyed making bread and butter. Thanks. I think the mystery item is a pair of scissors to cut sheep wool. I hope I am right!

Anonymous said...

hi! i think the item is like a cutter???????????????????????

Anonymous said...

hi 2bp. I think the mystery item is like a cutter but is an old scissor.

Nicholas

Matthew's Blog folio said...

I think it is a knife but my dad said I am wrong. He said he knows but is feeling sheepish about giving me the answer. Oh I get it. It is shearers from a sheep shearer. Dad said my great poppy used them to shear hundreds of sheep in a day.

Bianca said...

I loved making bread because it was so yummy and the butter too. From Bianca